We’re ‘Good to Go’
We have been quiet for a while but have been closely following all the advice from the government, Cornwall Council and industry bodies such as PASC and Visit Cornwall. We have completed the recommended coronavirus training for self-catering organisations and participated in numerous webinars.
Following that we have undertaken a thorough Risk Assessment which has driven a few changes on site. We have developed a comprehensive cleaning schedule, chosen and trained our cleaning team and invested in some hospital grade cleaning products. As a result we have attained accreditation with Visit Britain’s ‘Good to Go‘ scheme.
We have done everything we reasonably and practicably can to ensure the safety of our guests and our team while still keeping as much as possible of the Helsbury holiday experience you have come to enjoy. We will need your help with a few things please so that we don’t have to get too draconian and spoil the fun.
What we need you to do to help us all stay safe:
- Ensure all your party are symptom free and compliant with current government guidelines on households, bubbles, etc. before you travel
- Arrive after 4pm on your arrival day so that our team can finish and leave safely
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser where that is not possible
- Bring your own PPE / hand sanitiser as required for your convenience and peace of mind
- All books, DVDs, jigsaws and games have been removed from the cottages – please bring your own additional pass-times
- Bring food with you from home or your local supermarket
- Be prepared to picnic and take drinks from home when out and about
- Pre-book any restaurants and attractions which you intend to visit
- Consider others’ safety and maintain social distancing by keeping 2m away from guests in other cottages, the Helsbury team and while out and about
- If you are staying for a fortnight, please remember that our team will be on site on your middle Friday and you must adhere to social distancing guidelines or maybe plan a day out
- If you develop symptoms or become ill on your holiday you should inform CCH immediately, return home as soon as possible and follow NHS guidelines. If you stay on site to self -isolate, you will be responsible for the cost.
For more information on what we’ve been through to get the cottages open see our Coronavirus page.
Welcome back and have a wonderful new Cornish holiday.