As doggy people ourselves we understand how hard it can be to find good quality accommodation that welcomes your whole family and your dogs. That’s why we’re keen to make Helsbury Park as dog friendly as possible. We also understand why many accommodation owners say no dogs! We’re determined not to punish the considerate majority of dog owners for the behaviour of the few. To ensure we all get along for years to come, we thought it might be helpful to outline some house rules for our doggy guests and also to remind you of some useful tips for a safe and happy holiday.
It’s important to point out that taking a dog friendly holiday does not mean taking a holiday from your responsibilities as a dog owner.
- When you first arrive we strongly recommend that you keep your dog(s) on the lead while you get your bearings and get to know the site
- For the consideration of other guests, other dogs and animals on site you must keep your dog(s) under control around the other properties, this may mean keeping them on the lead when you first set out for your walk, obviously once they’re out in the fields or the woods they can be off the lead as much as you like
- You must let us know in advance if you’re bring more dogs than stated on your booking form, any additional dogs arriving without prior notice will be charged for at £30 per dog
- When you want to go out to dinner consider trying one of the many local pubs that allow you to take your dog with you.
- Pease do not leave your dog(s) alone with free run of the property. We can arrange dog sitting which enables you to go out and know your dog is being looked after by an experienced person.
- Feel free to use the kennel we’ve provided adjacent to each property but make sure you provide your dog(s) with water and clean out afterwards
- Do do doo-doo patrol! Please pick up after your dog(s) wherever they are and dispose of poo in an outside bin, even if it’s raining. We’ve provided free poo-bags in the dispensers on site, so please use them. And remember you can take bags with you to the beach and on walks. Also, please do it as you go along as our gardener may well mow the lawn while you’re out and it’s easier for him if the lawn is clear of poo
- If you have a puppy please bring a crate or cage with you, we really don’t want them to chew the furniture or soft furnishings here in our luxury cottages! As maintaining our grading is key to our unique offer we can’t always just repair damage, more often than not it has to be replaced, at your expense! We do have a cage you can borrow if required, just let us know
- Remember to take plenty of fresh water with you on days out. Some of the quieter beaches do not have facilities that allow you to fill a bottle.
- Keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others. Dogs do fall off cliffs and get stuck in holes, please don’t let it happen to yours.
- Please thoroughly clean the cottage, including dog hair from rugs, before you leave; if properties require excessive cleaning we will impose an additional £50 fee to cover the cost of additional cleaning time
- Dogs are not allowed upstairs in the cottages, there are stair gates in both properties to assist you with this, just ask if you have any problems operating them.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture without using one of the blankets provided
- Please try and discourage your dog from eating the wildlife
- We regret that an additional flat charge of £50 will have to be made if carpets, rugs or bed-spreads require additional cleaning.